After receiving guidelines from UIL, we are finally ready to officially start XC! The season will look different with the changes put in place and will stretch out over 4 months with district, regionals, and state being moved back a month. Once all meets are confirmed a schedule will be sent out to all media outlets. Our first practice for high school will be August 3rd (see dates and times below). We have taken into consideration the heat and that many of our students are in volleyball and in the morning. Arrangements have been made with band to release XC in time to make practice.
Practice times for the week of August 3rd:
- Monday, August 3rd- 7:30pm
- Tuesday, August 4th- 7:30pm
- Wednesday, August 5th- 7:30pm
- Thursday, August 6th- 7:30pm
- Friday, August 7th- 7:30pm
To better communicate with students and parents we will be transitioning from REMIND to SportsYou. Along with sending messages, it has a calendar for practices and games. Once the app is downloaded you will need to use the code that was sent through REMIND to join our group. If you do not have access to the code, contact Coach Dockery and make sure you have notifications are turned on to alert you of announcements.
The following procedures will be used to help ensure our athletes safety during cross country practice and meets. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure they WILL NOT send their athletes to school/workout if they have COVID-19 symptoms. Procedures may change throughout the season if new guidelines are issued from the governments, TEA, and UIL. If any questions arise, we will refer to the Brady ISD COVID-19 plan and the UIL Mitigation Guidelines.
Cross Country Practice
- Temperature check at the beginning of practice.
- Athletes will maintain proper social distancing whenever possible when stretching and running.
- Athletes will be responsible for bringing their own water bottle and WILL NOT share with teammates. A cooler of water will be available for refills.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to use before and after water breaks.
- Bathrooms will be available to wash hands.
Cross Country Meets
- Temperature check before loading the bus.
- Sit one athlete to a seat
- Athletes will bring their own water bottle. A cooler will be available for refills (hand sanitizer will be provided)
- Athletes will wear mask when not competing
- Athletes will follow all guidelines put forth by the meet host.
- Snacks will be provided but will be individually bagged.
- Face masks will be mandatory at all meets except during warm-up and competition